Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Vintage Jasper - Copper Patina Cabochon Sets

There are only 6 of these sets.  The setting is dark, and allows the drama of the stones to be featured.  Each has some green patina markings.  I do not see landscapes in this set as much as pattern and contrast. I will let them speak for themselves.  At the end of the post is my own copper necklace, which I made with the set of dark green cabs that I used initially to test this idea and work out my pattern.  I think any of these cabs is better suited to the colorway, because of the mostly monochromatic nature of it.  It features pattern well, but is a little mundane with simplicity.








So, remember, I said I thought my sample necklace for the Copper colorway was a little mundane?  This colorway is really suited to the patterns in the cab sets I chose for it.  It's simple, although it includes some of my all time favorite beads and colors. Matte Copper finish on the GemDuo beads.  Miyuki #462 Metallic Gold Iris for the drops and some edgings, with little flashes of purple and teal.  Toho #329 Dark Hyacinth Gold Luster in the bezel.  They make a great supporting cast framework in this case, not a starring character.  I tried using colors in my original mockup, but they were a little parti-colored, and while nice with my simple dark green cabs, they overwhelmed the patterns in the stones. As the saying goes "Sue me." 

But I wanted to save the best of the new cab sets for YOU!


Tomorrow, Verdigris!

No comments:

Post a Comment