Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

On Cloud Nine!

I just returned from collecting the work I had taken to the Minnetonka Center for the Arts "Arts of the Holidays" show and sale.  This is the first time I have entered this juried show, and I was pleased to get in.  The Center is in a beautiful location, just steps away from Smith's Bay on Lake Minnetonka.

The opening night was elegant and very well attended, and I heard lots of great things about my work while I stood there and smiled, but in the two + hours I was there, none of my work sold.  I thought, "Ah, well, maybe not the right clientele..." and I didn't have high hopes when I walked in today.

The outcome was beyond my wildest expectations.  First, three of the four pieces I created for the show sold, so I must have had my finger on the right pulse after all!
Jasper Tear in Dark Gold Set created for the MCA Holiday Show - SOLD

Jasper Pendant and Earring Set created for the MCA Holiday Show - SOLD

Rocky Butte Jasper Pendant and Earring Set created for the MCA Holiday Show -SOLD

 Then, some of my personal favorites sold!  I find it's always the work I know to be my best that people buy.  (I have a blog post begun about how to know when to stop working and rethink, when something is not making you drool as you finish it.  Gotta finish that one day!)  Anyhow, I said good-bye to these as well!
Amazon Jabot Necklace and Earrings Set - SOLD
Pepper Profusion Necklace and Earrings Set - SOLD
Aqua Frost Necklace - SOLD

Emerald Enigma Necklace and Earrings Set - SOLD
Bermuda Triangle Necklace and Earring Set - SOLD
And one of the best things is, this gallery takes a VERY artist-friendly percentage of the proceeds.  I have to write a heartfelt thank you note to the wonderful Bob Bowman, who was kind enough to feature my work front and center in the gallery show. I feel as though I was treated very well!  And maybe I will see about the possibility of having a few things in the gallery gift shop this year.  Positive feedback feels great, and I am now inspired to pick up my needle.  I can't wait until I can get back to my beads!

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful news Marsha, they all are simply beautiful. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific work! I am in amazement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, how stupendously fabulous!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! And so sad - I have been drooling over Amazon Jabot forever, and now I'll never have it!! I can't wait until you get back to your beads, either!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies. I am ready to do a little happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great! I wish the big art center here was as enthusiastic about bead weaving. Congratulations on all the well deserved sales!

    Patricia C Vener
    http://vener-art.com/beadblog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful story, Marsha. I'm so happy for you. It's such a good feeling when you're rewarded for your hard work. Can't wait to see the next creations you design!! BTW, I LOVE that aqua frost. Beautiful!
    Congrats, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha, CONGRATS! That is so exciting. Your work is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely not surprised to see that so many of your pieces sold, Marsha! I'm one of your biggest fans; I love your work!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris :D (ArtMasquerading on etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much ladies and thank you to the Minnetonka Center for the Arts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your sales, Marsha! All of your pieces are gorgeous; not surprised you did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation...your works are beautifully executed and designed! May you have a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All beautiful Works^_^
    However my fav is Amazon Jabot Necklace and Earrings Set

    ReplyDelete